The 920 WHJJ internship is designed to provide students an opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of a professional News/Talk radio station and to provide them with a hands-on opportunity to contribute.
Positions available for 8-20 hours/week, split among 2-5 shifts per week, Monday through Friday. Schedule can be flexible, but must fit within these windows: 5am-10am, and 12pm to 5pm. Weekend and evening shifts available on a limited basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Writing and researching news stories and talk radio topics, helping to produce radio programs and updating web content.
- Needs to be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis. Must receive academic credit.
- Applicant needs to be in good academic standing and possess knowledge of local and national current events.
- College Juniors and Seniors preferred, but Freshman and Sophomores welcome
- Preferred Academic Majors: Journalism, Communications, Mass Media, Political Science, Marketing
- Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
- Good writing and conversational skills
The internship will cover a quarter/semester period, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator and the intern's academic advisor.
Good computer skills required. Knowledge of MS Explorer, MS Word, Excel. Website administration experience is a plus.
Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients. Proven ability to handle stress and perform under pressure. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Interested students should apply here at: careerchannel.silkroad.com, then search internships. You will be contacted for an interview.