Providence Local News

 

9 Sickened at Burrillville Dentist Office

NewsRadio 920 WHJJ and the Associated Press

BURRILLVILLE, R.I. (AP) — Gasoline fumes sickened nine people inside a Burrillville dentist's office and sent two of them to the hospital.

The Woonsocket Call reports that emergency workers at first believed they might be dealing with carbon monoxide poisoning Monday morning.

They eventually found the fumes were coming from a leaking snow blower being stored in the basement of the building on Main Street in the Harrisville section of town.

Two women who were overcome by the fumes were transported to separate hospitals in Providence. Their names and conditions were not available.

Seven other people who suffered from symptoms including nausea and dizziness declined medical treatment. The building was evacuated for about four hours while workers aired it out.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock/Stephen B. Goodwin

 

More Articles